Friday, January 20, 2023

Hello!

I went back to college to become a teacher. I am a non-traditional student and am over the age of 50.  I will graduate from college in May of 2023 and will be teaching history and/or civics. I look forward to learning all I can to become the best teacher that I can be. 


I am familiar with Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint and am a quick study. PowerPoint is one of my favorite tools that I am completely comfortable with. I enjoy the ease of using Microsoft Word and enjoy writing and journaling.  I look forward to learning to utilize the most effective resources of technology inside the classroom. 


I utilize TED Talks; You Tube and many educational resources on-line to assist me with my learning goals. My short-term goals are to become familiar with the resources that first year teachers utilize the most from the moment I set foot on my new school campus. I have anxiety about not being able to work the technology in my classroom and get "stuck."  That anxiety is the push that I need to become proficient with the teaching technologies. 

My personal learning network (PLN) is a work in progress. I have a lot of professional and personal connections as an older student who has already had one career. However, since this is my new career they are not necessarily within the industry that I need for my new profession. Essentially, I am starting from scratch.  





1 comment:

  1. We had a class together last semester as well and you navigated that class with confidence. We are actually graduating in the same semester! Your PLN will expand as you develop your career. You will make a great teacher.

    ReplyDelete