Wednesday, April 19, 2023

 Blog #10 

PowerPoint Interaction Assignment

My Bitmoji, I named "Teacher Lisa", represents me reacting to chaos happening all around me and me maintaining a cool head. As long as I have my sweet tea, I'm good. However, my cool head was tested during this assignment. 


The assignment was a little challenging. I have utilized PowerPoint for many years. However, making it come alive and interactive in the form of a game was new for me. Learning how to use the navigation buttons and the linear navigation buttons made the whole presentation so much more fun than just the same old slide presentation. What was tricky was the order in which to use the proper buttons. I wanted the Jeopardy game to look just like it does on television. I made up the questions very easily. My husband and I tune in every weeknight to test our knowledge. He usually wins in categories that I have no idea how he knows such information. 


Classmate Blogs

Reviewing my classmates' blogs, I saw several themes. Most of the students are very familiar with most of the technologies that are used in the classroom today. PowerPoint seems to be the one that most students enjoy using the most. Several students really poured their hearts out in their blogs about their journeys up towards college. The blogs seem to be therapeutic for some students who are managing their new realities away from home. They seem to have very positive attitudes and seem to be enjoying and learning lots of new skills in EME 2040. 




What I'd like to learn next

I would like to learn more about ways that Oculus can be utilized in the classroom. I enjoyed the demonstration that our class had last week in the tech sandbox. It is an amazing invention and appears to have endless potential for many different applications. I can see the future classrooms in which the entire lesson is taught with all the students and teacher(s) wearing this headset. It would be amazing to study the Civil War and be inside the war live and on the battleground for the North or the South in real-time. Just a short time ago, all we had were books to read from and our imaginations to envision the history. Today, we can be a part of the history with this type of technology. I hope I have this at my fingertips at my new teaching school.


No comments:

Post a Comment