Monday, April 3, 2023

 Blog # 9


My Experiences in EME 2040
I enjoy being in the classroom. I enjoy the interaction with my fellow classmates. I take advantage of the opportunity to hear from their recent experiences from high school and college. It has been a challenge learning the new technology. I have embraced it and it is still a work in progress for me. In order to be a lifelong learner, it is essential that teachers stay up to date. To improve the classroom experience, I will have an orderly, clean, decorated classroom to show off my teaching style and personality. 




Open Educational Resources (OER)

As technology is rapidly changing, traditional textbooks can sometimes become outdated before they are even printed. The cost associated with textbooks has skyrocketed. The solution to this problem is a new concept called Open Educational Resources. This is a win-win for everyone as costs are eliminated, everyone has access if they have a computer at a minimum and teachers do not have to spend time on developing new lessons. They simply look for ideas and can retain, redistribute, reuse, revise and remix. They can spend more time on teaching instead of creating the lesson. 'Open' meaning the intellectual property rights of the creator. Resources that are open to anyone to use for teaching or research purposes. The owners grant permission to use them free of charge. We utilize www.oercommons.org or https://commons.m.wikimedia.org. 

On-Line Article

Top 5 Trends in Education 

 1. Artificial Intelligence will reshape world including our educational system. Virtual Assistants can  provide personalized learning along with tutoring for students and help them manage their time. 

2. Remote on-line, hybrid learning can help remote and isolated students obtain educational instruction. It is estimated that 270 million children could benefit from this type of learning. 

3. Employers are not looking for just college graduates anymore. They are looking for vocational and technical trained individuals. These trainings provide a more diverse skill set that employers are looking for. Subject-base training may be the new drivers of economic growth that is currently in need.

4. Virtual Reality (VR) and Augmented Reality (AR) are the new ways to step back in time or see close and inside the heart functions. It is an actual experience in which the user is immersed in the subject matter. It involves superimposing computer-generated images onto what the user is actually seeing. The advantage is that it provides real-time information to the user. For example, if the user is conducting a scientific experiment, it can alert the user to when they approach a critical point in the experiment that could cause bodily harm. Essentially, it provides the alarm before an accident occurs. 

5. Soft Skills are communication skills, teamworking skills, relationship management and conflict resolution. These are highly sought after skills that employers are wanting from their recruits. They are harder to assess than technical skills. These are human skills that cannot be replicated with by a machine.                                                                         

https://rb.gy/k1sg

www.forbes.com/sites/bernardmarr/2023/02/17/the-top-5-education-trends-in-2023/?sh=709a1784d399



Analysis of Assignment #4 PowerPoint for Information Dissemination

 









I had no difficulty in creating the PowerPoint presentation. However, I learned that it is difficult to start talking and adding your own words. It is sometimes intimidating. Hearing your own voice you may feel that you sound silly or ridiculous. You have to practice your speaking and I did this with the use of index cards for each slide. Once I got the hang of it after practicing a few times, it was rather fun. 

I tend to spend too much time on the aesthetics and how the presentation looks. The looks are important but not as important as the content. That is what we are here for. We are to teach not to just look pretty. I love to be creative, but it can take over my time and I end up with lots of fun graphics and not enough content. I need to start with the content and then incorporate the fun creative layout second. 

I have a history teacher that I mimicked her tone and pace that I thought was a great idea. It worked out great and I did not have the anxiety that I thought I would end up with. I actually enjoyed watching it after I was finished. 

No comments:

Post a Comment