Monday, April 3, 2023

Blog #8 

Website Construction

I will be honest, I had a difficult time with designing a website and thus, the assignment was submitted late. I did my best to utilize the CRAP principles. Contrast, Repetition, Alignment and Proximity. I made sure that my background and my writing had contrast on the home page. I made sure that I utilized the same size font on each page. I made sure that the page was overdone and flowed easily from one page to the next. I made sure that pictures that were inserted were the same size as the others. 






My problem is that I need to study the terminology more so that I can fully comprehend what I am doing. If I do not know what a 'header' is, then it's difficult to complete the assignment. This requires more time and effort on my part. I enjoyed the creative aspect of the assignment. It was a lot of fun choosing colors, backgrounds, links, themes. I need to practice more and become more familiar with this and not shy away from it. The templates make it easier than if I had to do it from scratch. 

my website is: https://beausmama.weebly.com

Diigo

This is a great way to bookmark resources. I had no idea how I was going to keep all my electronic resources sorted and organized. It's a quick way to share important information. You eliminate having to make copies of articles, webpages etc. I enjoy it also because you can see who viewed the links. Sharing on-line resources is definitely a great way to learn, teach and share with others. It is very economical way of teaching. All the student needs are a computer which is becoming more and more accessible in our schools today. 


Technology and Teacher Development

It is critical that teachers whether they are fresh out of college or if they have been teaching for ten years, be on top of the ever-evolving technology. You simply cannot sit back and rest on your laurels. What you knew yesterday and years ago is already outdated. If you want to stay relevant and be the most effective teacher, learning never ends. Continuing education courses, teacher seminars, district-wide teacher training is vital. Our students deserve the most educated teachers in order to be successful citizens when they graduate from high school and college. 

One site I can utilize to stay informed and up-to-date on requirements is the Florida state regulatory body for educators:



The state's recognition of the importance of a systemic process for enabling professional learning is evident. To support this key component of quality school improvement, Florida has several linked elements:

  • State standards for high-quality professional learning
  • District professional learning systems
  • District professional learning catalogs
  • Professional learning review protocol materials and site visits for evaluation of district professional learning systems
I will become more familiar with their website and links to professional learning systems and professional development. 

No comments:

Post a Comment